Silesian Eagle, II Class (with swords, lacquered)
Estimated market value:
The Medal was instituted in two classes by Lieutenant-General Friedrich von Friedebrurg, commander of the 6th Army Corp on January 12, 1919.
The Medal was conferred upon military personnel who rendered active service in the Silesian border campaigns against Polish nationals.
The award was renewed in 1921, and previous recipients of the award could add an oak leaf wreath or crossed swords to the obverse. The crossed swords were added to recognize outstanding bravery in combat, while the oak leaf wreath was added to recognize additional non-combat merit.
The Badges were designed by Professor Theodor von Gosen.
The Badge was unofficial and veterans were required to purchase it for themselves.
The obverse inscription translates to, “For Silesia.”
II Class was conferred upon military personnel who rendered three months of service. It features a ring fastening device above the eagles head.
Sign in to comment and reply.