Image courtesy of eMedals.com
The company was established in 1814 by the Frenchman Emanuel Pioté in Vienna. 5 years later, became Jackob Heinrich Köchert, a Baltic German from Riga, a partner in the thriving goldsmith business. Pioté und Köchert can adorn themselves with the regal title of "Imperial and Royal Court Jeweller" in 1832. From then on they started to create insignia for different Royal families. The goldsmith firm became one of the leading jewellers in Europe.
Their initials "AEK" are still used as a hallmark today. In 1849, Köchert became the personal jeweller for Emperor Franz Joseph. A new area of this company started in 1922, when the sons of Köchert took over company. The company still exists.
This maker currently has no products.