Order of Merit of the Arts, Letters, and Communication, Officer
Estimated market value:
The Order of Merit of the Arts, Letters, and Communication was founded by Decree on July 8, 1998. It is conferred upon writers, artists, and other Burkinabé citizens who have displayed meritorious actions and talent in the fields of film and journalism, and in the promotion of Burkinabé culture over a span of at least 10 years. When conferred posthumously, it is awarded to those who were devoted to the arts in recognition of acts of bravery. The Order may also be conferred upon foreigners or in absence of service requirements, but only under exceptional circumstances. Promotion to a higher grade may be made after 5 years in the lower grade accompanied by additional merits.
The Order may be awarded with a clasp that denotes the type of recognised merit. The clasps include:
- LITTERATURE ECRITE ET ORALE (Written and Spoken Literature)
- ARTS GRAPHQIUES ET PLASTIQUES (Graphic and Sculptural Arts)
- RADIOTELEVISION PRESSE ECRITE (Radio Television Press)
- MUSIQUE-DANSE (Music-Dance)
- CINEMATOGRAPHIE (Cinematography)
- POSTE ET TELECOMMUNICATION (Postal Service and Telecommunications)
The obverse inscription translates to “Order of Merit Arts, Letters, and Communication,” and the reverse inscription translates to “Burkina Faso, Unity, Progress, Justice.”
Obv: ORDRE DU MERITE DES ARTS DES LETTRES ET DE LA COMMUNICATION Rev: BURKINA FASO UNITÉ PROGRÈS JUSTICE
Sign in to comment and reply.