Order of the Royal House, Type II, Military Division, III Class Knight's Cross
Estimated market value:
The Order of the Ruling House was originally established as the Princely House Order of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen in 1841. The Romanian Order was later instituted by King Carol II in 1935. It was conferred upon military Officers and civilians of equal rank in recognition of meritorious service, but it was discontinued a short time later following the abdication of King Carol II in 1940.
There are two models of the III Class Knight. The first features a Romanian eagle with the shield of Hohenzollern, and the second features the crowned shield of Hohenzollern. Both models have an obverse inscription that translates to “Nothing Without God,” and a reverse inscription that represents the cypher of Carol II and the founding date of the III Class Knight grade in the Imperial German order. The III Class Knight could also be awarded with swords from 1937-1940.
There may be additional versions of the III Class Knight that differ in composition or manufacturer.
See also the House Order of Hohenzollern in the Orders of Hohenzollern.
Obv: NIHIL SINE DEO Rev: CC 8 APRILIE 1844
Sign in to comment and reply.