Cross for the Defense of Astorga, Cross
Image courtesy of “Abbildungen zur chronic sämtlicher Ritter Orden und Ehrenzeichen Souveraine and Regerungen, Seiner Majestat dem Konige Von Presussen Freiderich Wilhelm IV gewidmet von H. Schulze, Lieutenant in der Landwehr Artillerie”, published in 1835 in Berlin
Estimated market value:
The Cross for the Defense of Astorga was instituted in Spain by King Ferdinand VII on April 10, 1815. It was awarded to those who participated in the defense of the town of Astorga against the French army during the War of Independence.
The Cross features an obverse inscription on the bow that translates to "We Gained this Honour at Astorga by our Valoure," and a plain reverse.
Sign in to comment and reply.