Cross of the Army of Extremadura, Cross
Image courtesy of “Abbildungen zur chronic sämtlicher Ritter Orden und Ehrenzeichen Souveraine and Regerungen, Seiner Majestat dem Konige Von Presussen Freiderich Wilhelm IV gewidmet von H. Schulze, Lieutenant in der Landwehr Artillerie”, published in 1835 in Berlin
Estimated market value:
The Cross of the Army of Extremadura was instituted by Royal Decree on June 5, 1815. It was conferred upon the members of the Army of Extremadura commanded by the Duke of Alburquerque, who took part in the defense of the Island of Leon at the Peninsular War.
This Cross is known as well as the Cross of Merit of Alburquerque.
The Cross features an obverse inscription that translates to "He Saved the Sinking Ship," and a reverse inscription that translates to "To the Duke of Alburquerque and His Army."
Sign in to comment and reply.