Order of the Griffin, Knight's Cross (with crown, 1904-1918, in bronze)
Estimated market value:
The Order was founded by Grand Duke Friedrich Franz III and was awarded to recognize outstanding achievements and benevolent service to the public.
Until August of 1904, the Order was exclusively awarded in Mecklenburg-Schwerin. Following the signing of an agreement, the Order became a common award between Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz. As such, from this point onward the Grand Dukes of both states were joint Grand Masters of the Order.
Awards conferred for military merit featured crossed swords through the centre of the cross.
The Order became obsolete in 1918, following the collapse of the German Empire.
Sign in to comment and reply.