Order of the White Falcon, Type II, Civil Division, Commander Breast Star (1840-1850)
Estimated market value:
This Order was originally founded by Duke Ernst August to honour Emperor Charles VI, but the Order quickly fell into disuse.
The Order was renewed on October 18, 1815 by Grand Duke Carl Ernst, and it was awarded to Saxon citizens in recognition of meritorious civil and military service, especially service that benefited the House.
While it was primarily a House Order, it was also conferrable to foreign high ranking Heads of State.
The Type II Order awards were conferred within the Civil Division and the Military Division.
The Military Division awards conferred from 1815-1870 featured a trophy of arms design on the reverse. While the Military Division awards conferred from 1870-1918 featured crossed swords through the centre of the cross and a wreath on the reverse.
The Civil Division awards conferred from 1815-1918 featured a wreath on the reverse and no crossed swords.
In 1892 a version was created to recognize General Merit that was rendered in the name of the Grand Ducal House. The awards for General Merit did not feature a red and green enamelled square between the cross arms.
There is limited information regarding this item.
Sign in to comment and reply.