SA Long Service Chevron
Image courtesy of Angolia, "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA"
Estimated market value:
The SA (Sturmabteilung, storm detachment) was established in 1921 as a paramilitary protection squad of the NSDAP. The members of the SA were tasked with protecting party leaders at political rallies and meetings from the paramilitary forces of the opposing political factions. The SA was first utilised on November 4, 1921 at a meeting held in Munich’s "Hofbräuhaus" beer hall. The organisation was banned after the failed putsch in 1923 and was reactivated in February 1925.
The Long Service Chevron was introduced on February 3, 1934. It was worn by those that had joined the SA prior to 1933. The chevron is of gold-coloured tress with two red stripes. It was worn on the upper right sleeve. It was discontinued with the introduction of the long service sleeve stripes.
Sign in to comment and reply.