Nepaul War Medal, 1814-1816
Estimated market value:
The Nepaul War Medal, 1814-1816 was established by the Honourable East India Company in 1816 in commemoration of the victorious end to the Anglo-Nepalese War (1814-1816). It was awarded to all Indian troops of the Honourable East India Company Army who served in the campaign in recognition of gallantry.
The reverse features a Farsi inscription that can be translated to “This medal was conferred by the Nawab Governor General Bahadur in testimony of the energy, good service and intrepidity which was displayed during the campaigns in the hills, in the year of Hegira, 1299 and 1230.” It was issued unnamed and was typically worn on a yellow cord. Approximately 300 medals were awarded.
Sign in to comment and reply.