German Army Command Flag for Military Territorial Commanders
Image courtesy of Fornax, Wikipedia
Estimated market value:
The flags of the Wehrmacht were initially the old tradition flags of the Imperial Army, which had also been the flags of the Reichswehr. New Wehrmacht flags were introduced on March 16, 1936. All individual colours of units were replaced by the Reich War Flag on August 28, 1944.
Flags and pennants were not only used for individual units, but also to identify high-ranking officers or command posts. Staff flags for commanding officers of units usually showed numbers and (Latin) letters, at least in times of peace, to help identify units more accurately.
There are also National Insignia Pennants (Hoheitszeichen) for officers that were used exclusively on motor vehicles.
The Command Flag for Military Territorial Commanders (Kommandoflagge für Militärbefehlshaber) was introduced on May 9, 1941. The square flag has a black outer and a white inner border. Inside is a red square with a white Wehrmacht style eagle with the white Latin inscription “Militärbefehlshaber” underneath.
Sign in to comment and reply.