German Army Command Flag for the Armed Forces Plenipotentiary General for Bohemia and Moravia
Image courtesy of Fornax, Wikipedia
Estimated market value:
The flags of the Wehrmacht were initially the old tradition flags of the Imperial Army, which had also been the flags of the Reichswehr. New Wehrmacht flags were introduced on March 16, 1936. All individual colours of units were replaced by the Reich War Flag on August 28, 1944.
Flags and pennants were not only used for individual units, but also to identify high-ranking officers or command posts. Staff flags for commanding officers of units usually showed numbers and (Latin) letters, at least in times of peace, to help identify units more accurately.
There are also National Insignia Pennants (Hoheitszeichen) for officers that were used exclusively on motor vehicles.
The Command Flag for the Armed Forces Plenipotentiary General for Bohemia and Moravia (Kommandoflagge des Wehrmachtbevollmächtigten für Böhmen und Mähren) was introduced on May 9, 1941. It is very similar to the Command Flag for Military Areas and Army Corps: it is rectangular and diagonally divided into four triangles, the upper one black, left and right white, and the lower triangle red, but with an additional Wehrmacht style eagle.
Sign in to comment and reply.