German Army Flag of the Reichswehr Minister
Image courtesy of R-41, Wikipedia
Estimated market value:
The flags of the Wehrmacht were initially the old tradition flags of the Imperial Army, which had also been the flags of the Reichswehr. New Wehrmacht flags were introduced on March 16, 1936. All individual colours of units were replaced by the Reich War Flag on August 28, 1944.
Flags and pennants were not only used for individual units, but also to identify high-ranking officers or command posts. Staff flags for commanding officers of units usually showed numbers and (Latin) letters, at least in times of peace, to help identify units more accurately.
There are also National Insignia Pennants (Hoheitszeichen) for officers that were used exclusively on motor vehicles.
The Flag of the Reichswehr Minister was introduced on March 14, 1933. It shows a black/white/red flag inside an inner white and outer black border, with a superimposed Iron Cross. Obverse and reverse are identical.
Sign in to comment and reply.