German Army Hoch- und Deutschmeister Flag
Image courtesy of Fornax, Wikipedia
Estimated market value:
The flags of the Wehrmacht were initially the old tradition flags of the Imperial Army, which had also been the flags of the Reichswehr. New Wehrmacht flags were introduced on March 16, 1936. All individual colours of units were replaced by the Reich War Flag on August 28, 1944.
Flags and pennants were not only used for individual units, but also to identify high-ranking officers or command posts. Staff flags for commanding officers of units usually showed numbers and (Latin) letters, at least in times of peace, to help identify units more accurately.
There are also National Insignia Pennants (Hoheitszeichen) for officers that were used exclusively on motor vehicles.
The Infantry Regiment 134 carried on the tradition of the former Austrian Regiment 4 “Hoch- und Deutschmeister”. Their flag was carried during ceremonial occasions.
The flag is yellow with the Austrian double-headed and crowned eagle, with superimposed coats of arms of the Austrian territories. A border on three sides showed alternativen white and red or black triangles.
Obverse and reverse are identical.
Sign in to comment and reply.