German Army Reich War Flag
Image courtesy of Fry1989, Wikipedia
Estimated market value:
The flags of the Wehrmacht were initially the old tradition flags of the Imperial Army, which had also been the flags of the Reichswehr. New Wehrmacht flags were introduced on March 16, 1936. All individual colours of units were replaced by the Reich War Flag on August 28, 1944.
Flags and pennants were not only used for individual units, but also to identify high-ranking officers or command posts. Staff flags for commanding officers of units usually showed numbers and (Latin) letters, at least in times of peace, to help identify units more accurately.
There are also National Insignia Pennants (Hoheitszeichen) for officers that were used exclusively on motor vehicles.
The Reich War Flag was used for all Army units starting on August 28, 1944, and the former unit flags were discontinued.
It shows a cross of multiple black and white lines that is moved to the left, with a black swastika on a white disc where the arms of the cross meet, and a black and white Iron Cross in the left upper corner. Obverse and reverse are identical.
Sign in to comment and reply.