German Army State Police Flag
Image courtesy of Fornax, Wikipedia
Estimated market value:
The flags of the Wehrmacht were initially the old tradition flags of the Imperial Army, which had also been the flags of the Reichswehr. New Wehrmacht flags were introduced on March 16, 1936. All individual colours of units were replaced by the Reich War Flag on August 28, 1944.
Flags and pennants were not only used for individual units, but also to identify high-ranking officers or command posts. Staff flags for commanding officers of units usually showed numbers and (Latin) letters, at least in times of peace, to help identify units more accurately.
There are also National Insignia Pennants (Hoheitszeichen) for officers that were used exclusively on motor vehicles.
Several battalions of the Prussian State Police were transferred entirely to the army and allowed to keep their flag.
It shows a white swastika on green with a superimposed eagle holding a sword and a bundle of lightning, inside a silver-coloured laurel wreath, with the words “Pro Gloria et Patria” (for glory and fatherland). Obverse and reverse are identical, with the eagle being mirrored.
Sign in to comment and reply.