Kriegsmarine Duty Officer of the Ship Armband
Estimated market value:
The headgear, uniforms, and insignia worn by members of the Kriegsmarine were based upon the designs utilized by the Kaiserliche Marine and the Reichsmarine. The official regulations governing the uniforms of the Reichsmarine were issued on April 5, 1921, and they were embraced, with a few alterations, as the Kriegsmarine uniforms in 1935.
These armbands were worn by personnel within all branches of the Third Reich Armed Forces, and they were meant to indicate the wearer’s duty, specific position or function. The official regulations stated that the armbands should be worn on the upper left sleeve of outer garment layers, but there are many documented instances of personnel wearing the armband on the right sleeve.
While the majority of armbands were machine-woven, they were also produced via machine-embroidery, hand-sewing, or printing. The armbands were often stamped on the reverse with the issuing office's or unit's seal.
The Duty Armbands were worn by Kriegsmarine personnel only during active duty.
The Duty Officer of the Ship Armbands are composed of white cloth and feature the printed inscription “Offizier vom/Schiffsdienst” in red or black letters. There are examples of the inscription in Gothic, as well as Latin, script.
Sign in to comment and reply.