Commemorative Cross for Schleswig Holstein Army, 1848-1849
Estimated market value:
The Commemorative Cross For the Schleswig-Holstein Army, 1848-1849 was founded on July 2, 1850, by the provisional government of Schleswig-Holstein. The Cross was conferred upon the military personnel who participated in the campaigns against Denmark between 1848-1849.
The crosses were manufactured out of iron that was taken from the cannons on the Battleship Christian VIII. The ship was destroyed on April 5, 1849, when it attempted to land in Eckernförde.
Obv: 1848 1849
Obv: K.K.V. 1848 1851
This version features a different obverse inscription.
Sign in to comment and reply.