Image courtesy of eMedals.com
Pinches was opened in London in 1840, and became a prominent maker of medals. John Pinches was taught steel engraving by medallist John William Taylor, his mother's cousin.
In 1932, Pinches acquired all of the J.S. & A.B. Wyon firm and its dies. In 1969, the Pinches was overtaken by the Franklin Mint located in Pennsylvania. Medals were still named to Pinches afterwards, however, the medals became more commercial in nature.
This maker currently has no products.