N.S Meyer Inc.
Image courtesy of eMedals.com
It is generally believed that this firm was founded in 1906 by Nathan S. Meyer in New York. This company, located at 79 5th Ave, was considered an army equipment store. His father, Simon N. Meyer, was a clothing merchant whose business began selling “gold and silver trimmings” and eventually was listed under “Regalia” in the directors in the 1880s and 1890s. It is believed that Nathan played an active role in this business. This explains why some sources state that N.S Meyer have created medals for the Army since the late 19th century.
Their mark changes slightly over time from being incised or raised, but is generally identified by a shield shape with MEYER running vertically and NEW YORK horizontally in a cross shape (intersecting at the Y).
This maker currently has no products.