Miniature Order of the Estonian Red Cross, V Class Cross
Estimated market value:
The Order of the Estonian Red Cross was established by the Estonian Red Cross Society in 1920. In 1936, it was adopted by the Estonian Parliament in the Decorations Act, which recognised it as a national award. It was later suspended during the Soviet occupation, but it was renewed in 1994 following the restoration of Estonian independence.
It is conferred upon individuals for humanitarian service in the fields of public health and social services, as well as for personal devotion to saving lives. It may also be awarded posthumously.
From 1920-1925, this Order was awarded in a single grade and from 1925-1936, it was awarded in 5 grades. It was expanded again when it was declared a national award in 1936 with the addition of three medals. It is presently awarded in six grades.
The reverse inscription translates to “Charity in Wartime.”
Sign in to comment and reply.