Order of the Royal House, Type II, Military Division, Grand Cross Breast Star
Estimated market value:
The Order of the Royal House was originally established as the Princely House Order of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen in 1841. The Romanian Order was later instituted by King Carol II in 1935. It was conferred upon military Officers and civilians of equal rank in recognition of meritorious service, but it was discontinued a short time later following the abdication of King Carol II in 1940.
There are two models of the Grand Cross Breast Star. The first features a Romanian eagle with the shield of Hohenzollern, and the second features the crowned shield of Hohenzollern. Both models have an obverse inscription that translates to “Nothing Without God.” The Grand Cross Breast Star could also be awarded with swords from 1937-1940.
There may be additional versions of the Grand Cross Breast Star that differ in composition or manufacturer.
See also the House Order of Hohenzollern in the Orders of Hohenzollern.
Sign in to comment and reply.