Carlist Charity Medal (Bronze)
Estimated market value:
A circular medal constructed of bronze, the obverse bears the image of a Maltese cross with a sacred heart in the center, between each arm is a daisy, encompassed by a pearled border, the reverse bears the cipher M within an ovular border encompassed by a ring of daisies within a border inscribed with LA CARIDAD 1874 within a laurel leaf border, with a circular suspension, on a white ribbon with two purple stripes.
The Carlist Charity Cross was established by Carlos VII in 1874 in honor of his wife, Dona Margarita de Parma. Dona Margarita had been named the "Angel of Charity" as she organized hospitals during the war and was considered to be virtuous and zealous.
There is limited information regarding this item.
Sign in to comment and reply.