Cross of Ciudad Rodrigo, Cross
Image courtesy of “Abbildungen zur chronic sämtlicher Ritter Orden und Ehrenzeichen Souveraine and Regerungen, Seiner Majestat dem Konige Von Presussen Freiderich Wilhelm IV gewidmet von H. Schulze, Lieutenant in der Landwehr Artillerie”, published in 1835 in Berlin
Estimated market value:
The Cross of Ciudad Rodrigo was instituted by King Ferdinand VII on December 6, 1814. It was conferred upon military personnel and citizens who participated in the defense of the city of Rodrigo from the French siege of 1810 during the Peninsular War.
The Cross features an obverse inscription that translates to "Courage Accredited in Ciudad Rodrigo."
Sign in to comment and reply.