Cross of the Sixth Army, Gold Cross
Image courtesy of “Abbildungen zur chronic sämtlicher Ritter Orden und Ehrenzeichen Souveraine and Regerungen, Seiner Majestat dem Konige Von Presussen Freiderich Wilhelm IV gewidmet von H. Schulze, Lieutenant in der Landwehr Artillerie”, published in 1835 in Berlin
Estimated market value:
The Cross of the Sixth Army was authorized in Spain by King Ferdinand VII on May 14, 1815, and it was regulated by decrees of June 12 and 25, 1815. It was conferred upon the members of the armies of Galicia, Extremadura, Castilla, Navarra, and Asturias, which together were known as Army of the Left, or Sixth Army, and which fought against French forces at the Battles of Rioseco, Sornaza, Gueces, and Espinosa between 1810-1814.
Two grades of this medal were created. The Gold Cross was conferred upon Generals and Officers, while the Silver Cross was awarded to the troops.
The design of this Cross features on the obverse medallion either the Coat of Arms of Asturias or the Coat of Arms of Galicia.
This Cross is known as well as the Cross of the Army of the Left.
The Cross features an obverse inscription that translates to "Left," and it has a plain reverse.
Sign in to comment and reply.