Estimated market value:
The Cross for the Second Site of Saragossa was instituted in Spain by King Ferdinand VII on August 30, 1814. It was awarded to Generals, Officers, and troops, as well as volunteers, and privates in recognition of distinguished services rendered to Spain in the defense of Saragossa against the second French site occurred during the Peninsular War between December, 1808 and February, 1809.
The composition of this Cross denotes the rank of the recipient. The Gold Cross was awarded to General, and Officers, while the Bronze Cross was awarded to troops, and volunteers.
The Cross features an obverse inscription that translates to "The King to the Defender of Saragossa."
Sign in to comment and reply.