Decoration of Honour for Science and Art (1935-1938)
Estimated market value:
This decoration was originally founded in 1935, but it was suppressed following the Nazi annexation of Austria in 1938.
This decoration was re-established in its new form on March 25, 1955 by the National Council to reward foreigners and Austrian citizens for exemplary creativity and services within the sciences and the arts.
The maximum number of awardees of the Decoration is 72.
It is the highest decoration conferred to recognize merit in science and the arts in Austria.
The Decoration of Honour for Science and Art is associated with the Cross of Honour for Science and Art.
When the decoration is awarded to a woman it is worn on a bow ribbon.
Sign in to comment and reply.