Cross of Pitkaranta
Estimated market value:
The Cross was instituted in 1940 to be awarded to soldiers of the 4th Army Corps who fought on the Pitkäranta Jänisjärvi Syskyjärvi Uomaa Käsnäselkä Laatokka front.
The Finnish name of the cross is "Pitkörannan risti".
The obverse shows crossed Roman swords between the arms and has an eyelet for ribbon suspension. The gilt letter "P" is beared by a silver-edged red enamel diamond. On the vertical black enamel bar with a bifurcated at the upper point is a lateral red enamel bar imposed.
The reverse is plain.
Sign in to comment and reply.