Medal of Honour for Public Roadways, Silver Medal (with clasp "MAREY")
Estimated market value:
The Medal of Honour for Public Roadways was established on March 26, 1898, but was later replaced by the Medal of Honour for Departments and Communes in 1945.
It was awarded to road workers for more than 30 years of service, and in 1924 this was reduced to 25 years of service.
On May 6, 1898 the Medal was extended to road workers in Algeria. This version was identical to the one awarded in France but was worn with an “ALGÉRIE” clasp.
The obverse inscription translates to “French Republic, Ministry of the Interior,” and the reverse inscription translates to “Honour, Labour, Devotion.”
Sign in to comment and reply.