Commemorative Campaign Medal, 1866
Estimated market value:
The Medal was instituted by Prince Paul Friedrich Emil Leopold and was conferred upon Officers, soldiers and civil servants of the Lippe-Battalion, who participated in the 1866 Austro-Prussian War (Seven Weeks War).
The Medal was conferred upon those who had been a member of the Battalions since 2 August, 1866.
The medals were manufactured in Berlin, and there numerous examples of officially and privately commissioned medals. These include: Dark Bronze with grooved eyelet (1867), Light Bronze with grooved eyelet (1867), Silver with grooved eyelet (1915), Gilt with grooved eyelet, Gilt with wire eyelet, and Light Bronze with grooved eyelet and without a year on the reverse.
Sign in to comment and reply.