Fire Service Decoration
Estimated market value:
A rectangular clasp with a smooth edge, in a cut-out construction of silver gilt. It features a round and crowned Saxon coat of arms in the centre, with the circular inscription ‘FIDELITER ET CONSTANTER’ (‘faithful and steadfast’). To the sides are firefighter specific tools. The reverse features a horizontal pinback, as well as the silver mark ‘0,800’ at the bottom right and the manufacturer’s mark ‘E. E.’ (for court jeweller Ernst Eberhardt, Altenburg) at the bottom left. On a ribbon bar, the ribbon is green with silver side stripes.
The Fire Service Decoration was instituted on September 16, 1900 by Duke Ernst II. The decoration was conferred upon members of the fire department who rendered numerous years of long and faithful service. It was also conferred upon firefighters who distinguished themselves by providing extraordinary service at the scene of a fire.
Sign in to comment and reply.