Military Long Service Decoration, 1867-1914, III Class Iron Bar for 9 Years
Image courtesy of Auction House Andreas Thies
Estimated market value:
A finely pebbled rectangular clasp, constructed of blackened iron, with a narrow raised edge constructed of silver. The obverse features the crowned monogram ‘G’. The reverse features a horizontal pinback. On a ribbon bar, on a blue ribbon with narrow black borders.
The Military Long Service Decoration was originally instituted on July 17, 1850 by Prince Friedrich Günther. The awards were conferred upon military personnel who rendered long and faithful service with the Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt army. Separate decorations were created for officers, non-commissioned officers, and enlisted personnel.
The decorations were no longer conferred after Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt signed a military convention with Prussia in 1867. In 1867, Prince Georg created a new set of long service decorations for non-commissioned officers who served with the 3rd Battalion of the 7th Thuringian Infantry Regiment No. 96. The decorations were also conferred upon the non-commissioned officers of the Gendarmerie.
The III Class Iron Bar for 9 Years was conferred in recognition of nine years of irreproachable service.
Sign in to comment and reply.