DLV Sturmführer Positional Insignia

CATEGORY: Version

SKU: 55.GOR.03.02.03.003.000

  • DLV Sturmführer Positional Insignia Obverse

Estimated market value:

N/A

Attributes

  • Country
    Germany
  • Image Licensing
    The image of the DLV Sturmführer Glider Section Positional Insignia is attributed to John R. Angolia and Adolf Schlicht from their book “Uniforms & Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Volume 1”.

History


On March 25, 1933 the DLV (Deutscher Luftsportverband = German Air Sports Association) was created as a civilian sports organisation, the umbrella organisation of all air-related sports. However, from the very beginning, the DLV was used to secretly train its members for future roles in the newly emerging Luftwaffe, a breach of the terms of the Versailles Treaty.
The organisation should not be confused with the Deutscher Luftfahrtverband (also abbreviated DLV), which was formed in 1902, but disbanded in favour of the new DLV under Third Reich rule.

The DLV was split into two groups, the civilian section and the secret military section, known as the “Fliegerschaft” (air crew). The organisation eventually became obsolete after the official unveiling of the Luftwaffe in 1935, and it was disbanded and replaced by the National Socialist Flyers Corps (NSFK or Nationalsozialistisches Fliegerkorps) in 1937.

The Glider Section (Segelflugabteilung) Positional Insignia for the work shirt was a diamond-shaped cloth badge worn above the right breast pocket. These insignia were discontinued on November 10, 1933 with the introduction of glider section collar tabs.

The insignia is of royal blue colour.

Sturmführer (Company Leaders) wore a white embroidered elongated “S” with three horizontal bars, as well as black/white/red twist cord piping around the edges.

FOR SALE / WANTED

Item For Sale By

Be the first to sell this item

Wanted By

Be the first to request this item

Comments

Sign in to comment and reply.

Scroll Top