Coastguard Auxiliary Service Long Service Medal (with King George V effigy)
Estimated market value:
The Coastguard Auxiliary Service Long Service Medal was established in 1911 by the Board of Trade to reward Rocket Life Saving Apparatus volunteers for 20 years or more of service.
A clasp with the inscription "LONG SERVICE" was issued to denote subsequent awards.
There are multiple versions of the Silver Medal which differ in obverse effigy of the reigning monarch and reverse inscription of the institution responsible for the administration of the Medal. In 1942, the Ministry of Transport administered the Medal, and the reverse inscription was changed from "PRESENTED BY THE BOARD OF TRADE" to "ROCKET APPARATUS VOLUNTEER MEDAL." The reverse inscription was altered again in 1953 to, "COAST LIFE SAVING CORPS," and once more in 1968 to, "COASTGUARD AUXILIARY SERVICE."
There may be additional versions of the Medal.
Sign in to comment and reply.