Kriegsmarine Enlisted Men Clerical Insignia
Estimated market value:
The headgear and uniforms worn by members of the Kriegsmarine were based upon the designs utilized by the Kaiserliche Marine and the Reichsmarine. The official regulations governing the uniforms of the Reichsmarine were issued on April 5, 1921, and they were embraced, with a few alterations, as the Kriegsmarine uniforms in 1935. The designs and categories of career badges utilized during the Kriegsmarine mirrored those utilized the Reichsmarine; new careers were established throughout the Third Reich.
These career insignia were worn by all Kriegsmarine personnel with the Private rank group (enlisted men) after they had completed the technical training associated with their career specialty, and they were worn directly above the chevron insignia. They could be manufactured in two forms, as separate badges, or as part of the chevron insignia.
The exact colour scheme of the career insignia depends on the uniform on which it was originally worn. The backing of the insignia generally matches the colour of the uniform on which it was worn. The insignia were generally hand-embroidered with celleon, or machine-embroidered with artificial silk thread.
For the blue service uniform the career insignia were composed of yellow-coloured thread and a blue backing.
For the white summer/tropical service uniform the career insignia were composed of cornflower-blue thread and a white backing.
For the field-grey service uniform the career insignia were composed of yellow-coloured thread and a dark green/bluish or a field-grey backing.
The Clerical Insignia features two crossed feathers.
Sign in to comment and reply.