Kriegsmarine Canvas Shoes
Estimated market value:
The headgear, uniforms, and insignia worn by members of the Kriegsmarine were based upon the designs utilized by the Kaiserliche Marine and the Reichsmarine. The official regulations governing the uniforms of the Reichsmarine were issued on April 5, 1921, and they were embraced, with a few alterations, as the Kriegsmarine uniforms in 1935.
From 1933-1945, the uniforms worn by personnel in the German Navy were produced and disseminated by the Navy Clothing Depot and private manufacturers.
The Kriegsmarine utilized general categories of footwear, including riding boots, lace-up shoes, canvas shoes, and riding boots. The make and style of Kriegsmarine footwear tended to mirror the design of the Heer footwear, with slight alterations.
These canvas shoes were worn by Kriegsmarine Privates, and both Junior and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers while on duty.
The exterior of these shoes feature brown canvas and leather. The leather sections are located on the heel of the shoe and extend along the bottom and encompass the toecap section. Leather reinforcement segments are also located on either side of the lace-up/eyelet area.
The interior of the shoes has linen lining, and the soles were constructed with three layers of fabric.
The Wehrmacht footwear continued to be worn by personnel after the end of the Second World War, thus Kriegsmarine footwear examples are rare and usually show signs of wear.
Sign in to comment and reply.