Frontbann Badge (hollow)
Estimated market value:
The Frontbann Badge was established in 1932 by SA-Gruppe Berlin-Brandenburg. It was conferred upon individuals who had been members of the Frontbann before December 31, 1927, and had a membership number below 50,000. It was also conferred upon individuals who had been members of the Nazi Party before December 31, 1927, and had simultaneously belonged to a uniformed right-wing front.
The Frontbann was founded on May 31, 1924, as a substitute to the outlawed SA. Frontbann units were formed throughout Germany and eventually, the organisation had around 30,000 members. Frontbann units were dissolved on February 27, 1935, and the SA was reintroduced.
The Badge may have been officially banned in 1934, or as late as 1936.
Solid versions of the badge feature the marker mark on the upper right arm of the swastika. The RZM logo may be stamped on the lower arm. There are also pre-RZM versions of the badge that at are stamped "Z.M. Ost" (NSDAP Zeugmeisterei Ost) on the lower arm.
Sign in to comment and reply.