1809 Field Service Cross for Enlisted Men, Type II
Estimated market value:
A straight-armed cross paty constructed of bronze. The obverse a horse in the center and the arms bear the inscription "WILHELM AUG. MAX. FRIEDR. LUDW.". The reverse center bears the date "1809" and the arms bear the inscription " FÜR TREUE UND TAPFERKEIT". On a loop for suspension.
The 1809 Field Service Cross was established by Duke Wilhelm of Brunswick on October 30, 1824. It was established to honour those who participated in the march from Bohemia to England, but had not been eligible to receive the previously established cross. The Cross for Enlisted Men does not feature a wreath between the cross arms. The Type II awards were instituted on September 21, 1833.
Sign in to comment and reply.