Military Long Service Decoration, 1914-1918, III Class Medal for 9 Years
Estimated market value:
A smooth circular medal with a raised edge, constructed of argentine. The obverse features the crowned, mirrored, and intertwined monogram ‘G’ with the circular inscription ‘TREUE DIENSTE BEI DER FAHNE’ (‘loyal service to the flag’). The reverse features the Roman numeral ‘IX’. On a loop for suspension, on a blue ribbon with white side stripes. 12.5 grams.
The Military Long Service Decoration was introduced on June 6, 1914 by Prince Günther of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt and Sondershausen. The award was conferred upon the non-commissioned officers of the 3rd Battalion of the 7th Thuringian Infantry Regiment No. 96 who rendered long and faithful service.
The decoration was established as a replacement for the Military Long Service Decoration from 1867. Recipients of the previous style of the award were allowed to exchange their decoration for the new style. Recipients who were no longer active members of the army could pay to receive the new form of the decoration.
The III Class Medal for 9 Years was conferred upon non-commissioned officers who rendered nine years of loyal service.
Sign in to comment and reply.