German Army Fatigue Jacket
Estimated market value:
The Fatigue Jacket was introduced on April 1, 1933. It was worn by all recruits, as well as some privates.
It is off-white and made in a herringbone pattern. In 1940 the colour was changed to reed-green.
The jacket is shapeless and single breasted. It was worn closed at the neck and has five field-grey buttons down the front. It has a turn-down collar and was worn with a neck band, attached by five buttons inside the collar. There are two patch pockets without flaps, one on each side of the lower part of the jacket.
In 1942 a version similar to the regular service tunic was introduced. It was used as a summer field dress. This version has four pockets with buttoned flaps.
Sign in to comment and reply.