Gau Honour Badge East Hannover, in Gold
Estimated market value:
The Badge was instituted in 1933, and was conferred upon individuals in Gau East Hannover (district) who were among the first 100,000 members of the NSDAP. Starting in 1934, the Badge could also be awarded to meritorious members with a higher membership number.
The Nazi Regime divided Germany into a series of districts of “Gaue” to facilitate nationwide Party administration.
Every Gau was administered by a Gauleiter or District Leader.
This Badge was issued in three classes, bronze, silver, and gold.
The obverse inscription translates to: Party District Day East Hannover.
The reverse inscription translates to: In the year of the Nazi accession to power.
Sign in to comment and reply.