Lady's Merit Cross, II Class
Estimated market value:
A four-armed cross with clover arm ends constructed of silver. The obverse bears the inscription in blue lettering "WIRKE TREU IN NÄCHSTENLIEBE" (act faithfully in charity) with a thin blue border outlining the entire obverse of the cross, on a loop for suspension, with a white ribbon with blue stripes.
The Lady's Merit Cross was founded by Duke Johann Albrecht of Mecklenburg on April 25, 1912. Duke Johann Albrecht was acting as regent of Brunswick at the time of the creation of the award. The cross was conferred upon women who selflessly dedicated themselves to charity work. The award was discontinued in 1918. The manufacturer of the award was Hermann Jürgens, Braunschweig.
Sign in to comment and reply.