Public Service Medal, II Class Silver Medal (Maharaja Ganga Singh. -1942)
Estimated market value:
The Public Service Medal was instituted by was first instituted by Maharaja Ganga Singh. The Medal was awarded in 3 Classes in recognition of Public Service. A fourth Class is believed to also have been introduced after 1942 to reward bravery and police service. The Medal was made obsolete by 1947.
The II Class Decoration is composed of silver.
There are 2 versions of the Public Service Medal. The first version was established by Maharaja Ganga Singh and is an oval design. The first version also features Maharaja Ganga Singh's royal cypher "GS" on the obverse and the inscription "FOR PUBLIC SERVICE" in English and Devanagari on the reverse. The second version, instituted by Maharaja Sadul Singh in 1942, takes on a pentagonal shape and features the Maharaja Sadul Singh's cypher "S" as well as the inscription "FOR PUBLIC SERVICE" in English and Devanagari on the obverse.
It is thought that space is left blank on the reverse of both the Maharaja Ganga Singh and Maharaja Sadul Singh Medals for the engraving of the recipient's name and other details. However, no exampled of named awards have been found.
Sign in to comment and reply.