Order of the Star of Honour, IV Class Officer
Estimated market value:
The Order of the Star of Honour was originally instituted as the Badge of Honour by Maharaja Ganga Singh during the Maharaja's golden jubilee celebrations on October 30, 1947, and was created as the highest and only Order of the Bikaner State. The Order was initially conferred in 6 Classes to reward loyal and valuable service provided to the state. In 1944 the Order was modified and amended into 4 Classes, redesignated as the third highest award of the state behind the Order of the Vikram Star and the Order of the Sadul Star of Bikaner, and renamed the Order of the Star of Honour by Maharaja Sadul Singh. Both Bikaner subjects and British foreigners were eligible for the award.
Ladies were also eligible for the award of the Order.
23 awards of the IV Class Officer are known to have been made.
The IV Class Officer is worn by ladies on a bow on the shoulder and by men from a breast ribbon.
The IV Class Officer features the motto of the Order in Devanagari script which translates to "Victory to the King who Conquers the Wilderness" or "Victory to the Desert Lord."
Sign in to comment and reply.